There are a few ways to earn Swagbucks. (I'm a list maker, I love lists ;) )
- Search and Win. This is what Swagbucks is most known for. You use it as a search engine and you are randomly awarded Swagbucks. These can range anywhere from 5 - 50 swagbucks. You'll know you've won because a banner will pop up at the top telling you how much you've won. My search tips: Stop using other search engines, your favorites, ect. Swagbucks search EVERYTHING. Most of my wins are from searching Facebook and MSN instead of using my favorites. Install their Swagbucks toolbar - this will make searching 10x faster. DO NOT over-search. You will get put in 'time out' and risk getting your account deactivated.
- Swagcodes. Swagbucks will put out Swagcodes. These codes can appear a number of places. Swagbucks Blog - sometimes it will show the code in a blog post, other times they will hint to where you can find the code. Toolbar - Not only does the toolbar make searching easier, codes will sometimes be in the toolbar. Next to where it says 'Kristina, you have XXX SB' There is a red envelope that says From TSG. If you click that all the Toolbar messages will show up. If you have heard of there being a code but a new message is not showing up for you, try clicking the word 'Messages' and it will show up if there is a new, active code. Swagbucks on Facebook - They will post codes in their status updates. This is also a great way to find out if there is an active code. If you see people posting 'TSG' (Thanks, SwagGuy) on the wall there is a code out. They will also do the same on Twitter. Hint to codes may lead you to a number of places. Your inbox on Swagbucks, The SwagStore, SwagTv, ect. You CANNOT post the Swagcode for others. To redeem your Swagcode, copy and paste it into the Enter Your Swagcode box on your Swagbucks homepage.
- Trusted Surveys. Under the Earn tab there is Trusted Surveys. After about a week of signing up with Swagbucks you can fill out your profile information on the Profiles tab (this alone will score you about 60 swagbucks) from there - they will offer you surveys. They come in spurts - sometimes I go weeks without any and sometimes I have multiple a day. I have a love/hate relationship with Trusted Surveys. Mainly because sometimes you can spend 5-10 minutes on a survey only for them to tell you that you don't qualify or that their quota has been filled, but then there are times when I qualify, only spend about 15-20 minutes on a survey and end up earning anywhere from 50-150 swagbucks.
- Special Offers. I personally don't do a lot of these. If I'm only 10swagbucks or less away from cashing out, then I will take a peek and see if there are any videos or easy offers I can do. Aside from that, I don't get into it too much.
- Referrals. Having referrals is an awesome way to earn Swagbucks. My advice is to link your Swagbucks to your Facebook. It will post when you win, find a code, ect. (You can customize it anyway you want) That way it gets people interested, they will ask what it is and hopefully sign up under you. If they do, you will then get what they earn in searches up to 1000 swagbucks. Feel free to link them to here if you want to help them get started.
- Games. Swagbucks Games is fairly new but an easy way to earn Swagbucks. You will get 2 Swagbucks for every 2 games you play. I believe you can do this 2x a day. So up to 4 swagbucks a day for playing games!
- Coupons. You can print coupons on coupons.com through Swagbucks! Pretty sure this is one of the most awesome combinations ever. You get 10 swagbucks per coupon REDEEMED. Not just for printing, but for actually using the coupon. I have earned a lot this way over the past few months. It does take about 30 days to show up in your Swagbucks account.
- Swagbucks TV - This is another easy way to earn Swagbucks. I open a tab and make sure the videos are on Autoplay and just let them run during the day. Once your meter fills up - you get Swagbucks.
If you haven't done so already - sign up for Swagbucks!